Participation and learning are at the heart of the Music@Malling programme with a series of differentiated outreach projects that run throughout the year.
The projects are designed to inspire creativity and encourage young people to perform, develop their artistic skills and use their imagination. We aim to embed music and creativity in local primary and secondary schools and provide children and young people direct access to outstanding arts practitioners through outreach and world class concerts.
Music@Malling work in partnerships with international, national and regional organisations to develop these projects which engage hundreds of people each year.
All our outreach is FREE to participants and all concerts are FREE to under 25’s to encourage inclusivity and engagement.
For 2022/23 Music@Malling has the following outreach projects:
- Let’s Get Creative – a series of 12 live and online interactive shows fro pre-schoolers, parents and carers.
- Revolting Rhymes – 24 primary schools are involved in whole-class composition and performance based around Roald Dahl’s Revolting Rhymes.
- Go Compose – in partnership with Sound and Music, Go Compose enables young music creators to write a piece in a day mentored by professional composers and musicians.
- Side-by-Side – the opportunity to work with, rehearse and perform with outstanding professional ensembles.
- Music@Malling Scratch Orchestra – launched in May 2022, this ensemble is held outside of schools and brings young people of all ages and abilities together to make music alongside professional musicians.
- Young Artist Platform – run in partnership with the Royal Academy of Music, this project offers three highly talented ensembles a year of concerts, outreach and mentoring.
- CPD – Continuing Professional Development for teachers to embed best practice into local primary and secondary schools and provide access to outstanding arts practitioners