Participation and learning are at the heart ot the Music@Malling programme with a series events held during each festival with a number of satellite projects held throughout the year. The projects are designed to inspire creativity and encourage young people to perform and develop their artistic skills with the help of leading professional performers. Music@Malling work in partnerships with international, national and regional organisations to develop projects which since 2011 have included Sound and Music, English National Ballet, Opera Holland Park, Stile Antico, Tenebrae, Chamber Domaine, James Pearson – Artistic Director of Ronnie Scott’s, The Sacconi Quartet and Kent Music. Hundreds of young people are involved each year.
In 2021, Music@Malling is working in partnership with the Royal Academy of Music to give performing and mentoring opportunities to outstanding ensembles at the start of their careers.
For 2021/2022 Music@Malling will be presenting:
- Eleanor Alberga – Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs – an online performance with narration by Matthew Sharp and illustrations by Rosie Brooks will be the basis of an education project running from October 2021- April 2022.
- Go Compose! – Young composers have the opportunity to write a piece in a day mentored by Simon Speare (Faculty – Royal College of Music) and working with leading professional musicians from Chamber Domaine.
- Side By Side with Chamber Domaine – young string players can perform alongside Chamber Domaine in a programme featuring classic works inspired by the British Isles.
- Side By Side with Classical Kicks – young jazz instrumentalists and singers have the chance to perform with the outstanding musicians of Classical Kicks.
- Online workshops directed by Nigel Short and Tenebrae – one of the world’s leading vocal groups.
- Young Artists Platform – two outstanding groups from the Royal Academy of Music will be given performance opportunities, mentoring and outreach.
- Six Brandenburgs: Six Commissions – a series of educational events built around the Bach – Brandenburg Concertos April 21st-24th 2022.